I just thought I would sneak a quick blog whilst waiting in the First Class Lounge. There is a storm at the moment which has grounded all flights in and out of Rome. A Saudi Prince was drinking alone at the bar earlier, and by alone I mean surrounded by 10 beefy bodyguards. I attempted to approach him for a chat when 3 of his men surrounded me. The prince said someting in arabic and ushered me inside the circle of body guards.
We got to chatting, I shouted him a martini which probably wasnt even necassary since he probably owned the bar anyway. His name was Abdallah-Al-Waddah and he was very annoyed about the storm because he had some urgent business to attend to in Dubai. He told me he was in Italy on business to view the young pedigree foals for his collection of racing horses. He had bought 6 of them at 3 million each.
He offered me a golden cigar and we sat by the window together complaining about women, the economy, George Bush and how hard it was to get a decent kebab in NYC.
The storm is clearing up now so my new plane is getting set for take off.
See you later, Steve.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nice to meet you Mr. Woods. I Shall have my associate contact you on the matter of importing gold bullion shortly.
ReplyDeletecool story. question was the cigar fake or a golden colour?-kosta
ReplyDeleteIt was made entirely out of gold and tobacco.
ReplyDelete